MAPLE Microdevelopment is dedicated to reducing poverty, empowering women, and fostering self-sufficiency across generations. We provide small-scale entrepreneurs and community groups in East Africa a range of financial and educational services to help individuals and communities build sustainable business ventures.
- Business skills and financial literacy training courses for entrepreneurs and soon-to-be entrepreneurs
- One-on-one mentorship for entrepreneurs focused on business planning and accounting
- Community based Savings and Loans groups
- Financial literacy and empowerment courses for young women
- Challenging and meaningful internship opportunities connecting African and Western students to work side by side as peers on community development projects
In all of our community outreach programs our primary goal is to enable our clients to set and achieve income-generating goals on their own terms. We strongly believe that to achieve lasting systemic change it is necessary to build from within existing community structures by working with self-organized community groups. It seems simple a simple concept, but at MAPLE we recognize that the true experts on development are our clients, so we listen to the community and work to provide trainings built around what our clients are asking for.